Thursday, October 2, 2014

Reflection of Me

I think a big contribution to who I am and what I love comes from my family and friends, they are a very important part of my life and without them I have nothing. 
Answering question 8 on page 285 
In every corner of the globe, we can find people searching for a larger purpose in life. Sometimes educators describe their desire to make a difference or to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Do you have these thoughts?
     I think that it is very important for someone who wants to teach to want to make a difference in the education system. We have all had different experiences and all have different things that we want to bring into teaching. When I was in middle/high school I remember certain qualities that teachers had that I never wanted to reenact when I became a teacher. That is something I would want to make a difference with when I become a teacher. 
     I am looking forward to becoming a special education teacher more and more each day. When I do my observation hours in the classroom I never want to leave. The children motivate me to do my best in school so someday it will be me up in front of the classroom doing what I love.
     Being a part of the education system is much bigger than myself. It is building a strong community where we can all work together to benefit the children. I want to provide so many skills to my students to help them in so many different ways that they can carry with them throughout their life. 


I like this saying because it goes along with if you want to see a difference in the world then you must be that difference. I talked above how I want to make a difference in my student’s lives and by doing so I need to try different approaches and do my best to help succeed.

I think that with just these few words it gives so many example of what it means to be a teacher. These are qualities that I would like to have when I start teaching.
I think that this was an excellent quote because it is true. Both the good and not so good teachers have a place in everyone’s mind. When you look back you can normally recall one teacher that you really liked and one teacher that you didn't.  I want to be the teacher that influences and inspires students in a positive way.

I found this cute video that is a pep talk to both teachers and students. It asks the question “What are you teaching the world?” which goes along with question number 8 “what is the difference you are trying to make?”


                                                                                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment